This site has been designed to be as accessible as possible and compatible with the types of adaptive technology used by people with disabilities. We aim to offer the following accessibility features throughout our site:
- Appropriate alternative text used on images
- All pages of the sites including forms can be navigated using a keyboard, mouse and other assistive devices such as JAWS
- Clear headings are used on pages
- Foreground and background colours are checked for contrast
- Images and pages are optimised for quick page load speed
- Content is written in plain English avoiding unnecessary jargon
- A consistent navigation is present throughout the site.
Access keys are keyboard shortcuts that replace the mouse for navigation. If your browser supports access keys, you can use the following:
- 1 - Home page
- 2 - What's new
- 3 - Site map
- 9 - Feedback form
- 0 - Access key details
Access key use according to browser
- Internet Explorer 5+: Hold down the ALT key, press the number of the access key, release both keys then press ENTER
- Internet Explorer 5+ for Mac: Hold down the CTRL key and press the number of the access key
- Netscape 6+: Hold down the ALT key and press the number of the access key
- Mozilla: Hold down the ALT key and press the number of the access key
- Mozilla for Mac: Hold down the CTRL key and press the number of the access key
Navigating this site
To navigate through this site, please use the menu bar to choose a section and then the dropdown list to select a specific page. Your screen reader will read the menu to you after any content on the page.
You may change the font size of this site to your preference by using your browser text settings (found in Internet Explorer View Menu > Text Size) or by pressing the CTRL key and moving the scroller wheel on your mouse (if your mouse supports it). Alternatively the font size can be changed through your browser. In Internet Explorer, select View, then Text Size, and then your preferred size.
We welcome feedback on the accessibility and usability of our websites. If you experience any problems please contact us and we’ll do our best to help.